Saturday, December 12, 2009

Discount !!!

When a service provider says some service is discounted , do we really pay less than what was charged before ? I really doubt that statement.

I am using a prepaid card from a renown telecom service provider. I topped up my balance with a booster pack so that each call to any number from the same service provider is charged just 30 paise per minute. This went on for some time.

Once when i was making a call , I got a message that said " You will get a 10 % discount on this call ". Little did I know that the tariff would be increased and money would be discounted from that. I had to pay Re 1 for the call and got a 10 % discount. Effectively I have lost 60 paise. Finally I had to discount this money from my pocket .
Phew...

1 comment:

Ram said...

Whats new here?
Discount is always on the list price! When there is a larger discount there is expected to be a higher list price.

Your particular case is pure burglary but generally discounts offer a win-win situation. Seller gets rid of inventory and buyer gets a slightly better value for money.